Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Can't Find My Cursor

I'm not stupid.  I've done some programming.  I'm an electronics technician for over 30 years.
But now that I have my 27" iMac and will soon be adding another monitor, the real estate that one can lose their cursor on is growing.

After a quick search I found five options:

1) Hold Ctrl+Scroll and the screen will zoom into where the mouse is.

2) Move all the way up to the left and click, and the menu will expand showing you where the mouse is.

3) OmniDazzle from omnigroup.com

4) mouseposefrom from Boinx Software

and

5) MouseLocator from 2pointfish software company.

I chose 5.  MouseLocator from 2pointfish.
It's easy, download, install (I then keep the .dmg in a folder called 'downloaded software', because it has the uninstaller), then when you lose your mouse, just hit Ctrl + Space (can be changed to anything you want).

This is what I see for the 2 secs that it is set up for:



Works great.  No more getting lost in a sea of pixels.

No comments: